Natural Family Planning
What is natural family planning?
- Natural Family Planning (NFP) is a highly effective, safe approach that allows couples to work together in managing their fertility.
- By learning and observing the natural changes in a woman’s body, couples learn when the woman is fertile and infertile.
- NFP is safe, environmentally friendly and has no costs associated with it.
- NFP conforms to the teachings of the Catholic Church on Human Sexuality.
Natural Family Planning Methods
There are three methods of NFP that you can choose from:
- Billings method (is based on understanding and interpreting changing cervical secretions)
- Symptothermal method (is based on observing changes in the cervical secretions, along with changes in the basal body temperature, and the position and feel of the opening of cervix)
- Creighton Model System (is based on a couple’s knowledge and understanding of their naturally-occurring phases of fertility and infertility)
- NaPRO (technology for monitoring and maintaining a woman’s reproductive and gynaecological health)
In Niagara Region contact Lena & Chris Turner at 905 643-3375
2. Creighton Model FertilityCare System
3. Billings Ovulation Method
In Niagara Region Contact:
Mrs. Joan Kenny at 905 680-4154
Monitoring and Maintaining a Woman’s Reproductive and Gynecological Health www.naprotechnology.com
Our Church teaches that, “The transmission of human life is a most serious role in which married people collaborate freely and responsibly with God the Creator.” (Pope Paul VI, Humanae Vitae)
To read more from Humanae Vitae click here.