Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
Friday June 23th we celebrate the Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. When Our Lord appeared to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque he revealed his Sacred Heart to her and stated, “Behold my heart that loves so much and yet is loved so little.” On this feast let us not only remind our people of the great love of Jesus for us, but also the love we must offer Him in return. “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength, and with all your mind…” (Lk 10:27).
On this Solemnity we also celebrate the World Day of Prayer of Priests. This day was instituted by Pope St. John Paul II in 2002 for the purpose of having all the Catholic faithful join in prayer for the sanctification of priests. I believe that our holiness is intimately connected to our love for the Lord. The greater our love for Jesus the more we want to please Him and be like Him. We will make greater efforts and sacrifices for our own sanctification with love as our motivation.
Let us all strive for holiness and pray for the deep desire to be saints! Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us.
June: month of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
This Thursday marks the beginning of the month of June. This month has traditionally been dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. May this devotion enkindle our own heart and our parishes.
I include the twelve promises made to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque by Jesus for those dedicated to His Sacred Heart.
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of their death.
- I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
- I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
- I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
- The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
The first friday of June we celebrate the Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. When Our Lord appeared to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque he revealed his Sacred Heart to her and stated, “Behold my heart that loves so much and yet is loved so little.” On this feast let us not only remind our people of the great […]
A five foot bronze statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus has been placed on an inscribed granite block in front of the Catholic Centre. With illumination, it will be seen both day and night. This project has been in the planning stages for the past two years and is now a reality thanks to some generous donors and assistance […]
The Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus presents us with the opportunity to reflect on the relevance of this venerable symbol in our daily lives. The image of the Sacred Heart is never mentioned as such in Sacred Scripture, but its meaning can be found spanning each page from Genesis to Revelation. Today’s readings point to this fact and […]
This Monday marks the beginning of the month of June. This month has traditionally been dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Please continue to embrace and spread this devotion in your communities and families. I include the twelve promises made to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque by Jesus for those dedicated to His Sacred Heart. I will give them all […]